Looking for last-minute appetizers? Try these cranberry olive cheese skewers. These easy party appetizers are ready in minutes and only need a few ingredients. They are perfect for any occasion!
Why make these olive cheese skewers?
- Easy recipe – there is nothing difficult about threading cheese and olives on a stick which makes them a great recipe for beginner hosts or anyone looking for last-minute party recipes.
- Quick prep – Within minutes you have ready a bunch of them!
- A few simple ingredients – who doesn’t love making quick appetizers that also require only 5 ingredients, right?
- Customizable – you can easily substitute some of the ingredients for the ones you prefer more!
How to make olive cheese skewers with cranberries
First, prep the cheese by cutting it into bite-size cubes. Place drained olives into a small bowl and add olive oil and herbs. Mix this well.
Now you are ready to assemble these easy olive bites: Start with threading a dried cranberry onto a toothpick about half-way through. Then thread an olive.
When done, stick the toothpick into a cheddar cube and you are done. Now all you have to do is repeat with the rest and you are done.
Making 24 of these olive and cheese appetizers only takes 15 minutes!
Tips for making the best olive cheese skewers
- It does not matter what color cheese you use. Either red or white/yellow works well. If you like, you can also use feta.
- When using olives, make sure you buy pitted ones. I like using the stuffed ones (it does not really matter what they are filled with – lemon, jalapeno, red pepper – just pick what you like) as they add an extra flavor to this simple appetizer.
- Herbs – you can use what you have on hand – dried oregano, thyme or basil will work well here!
- To make these olive bites I use toothpicks rather than cocktail sticks as toothpicks are smaller which makes them the perfect length for these olive bites.
What can I serve as appetizers apart from these olive bites?
- A block of cheddar cheese, see note 1
- 24 green olives, see note 2
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (25 grams), see note 3
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs, see note 4
- Cut the cheese into bite-size cubes and set it aside.
- In a small bowl, combine drained olives with olive oil and herbs. Mix well.
- To assemble the bites, first thread a dried cranberry halfway through the toothpick, then add olive and stick this into a cheese cube. If the olive and cranberry are way far up from the cheese, slide them down.
- Repeat until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Serve right away or chilled (about 30-60 minutes).
- I used white cheddar, but you can use red cheddar instead. Feta will also work. You will need to cut it to get 24 cubes.
- Use any olives you like - green or black. I recommend using stuffed olives.
- You might need less than a quarter cup of dried cranberries.
- You can use dried oregano, basil or thyme.
- This recipe can be easily doubled or halved.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 50mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g