Looking for air fryer appetizers? This air fryer baked brie topped with pear compote and bacon is an easy recipe that only takes 8 minutes to bake.
Baking brie in air fryer is not only easy but also quicker so if you are a cheese lover, I hope you will give this air fryer baked brie recipe a go. If you do, please let me know in the comments section!
How to make brie in air fryer?
A round of brie may or may not come in a wooden box. If you can, buy the one with the box because it’s the perfect vessel for cooking the brie.
Remove any plastic packaging and place the cheese back into the box, minus the lid. Transfer this into the air fryer and cook for about 8 minutes or until cooked through.
Cook this air fryer baked brie at 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius). To see if it is ready, I press down the cheese and if it does not go easy it is still quite hard underneath.
If your brie does not come with the box, place it on a piece of parchment paper. This will probably need less time to cook though.
To top this air fryer baked brie, I made homemade pear compote and fried some bacon.
The compote is ready in 10 minutes and consists of pears, water and sugar that are simmering until the fruit is soft and the liquid turned into syrup.
Tips for making air fryer baked brie
- Brie – use a larger one or 2 small ones if you are expecting a bigger crowd.
- Remember that you might need to adjust the cooking time. This is because different brands can cook differently. Adjusting the time is very easy so you can quickly check for doneness, if needed. Also, the larger brie will need more time in air-fryer than a smaller one.
- If you don’t like pears and bacon, but you would still like to make baked brie in air fryer, you can. Omit the topping and use a warmed cranberry sauce instead. You can also simmer some blackberries with sugar until soft and use these.
Do you take the rind off brie before baking?
There is no need to do this. In fact, the rind keeps the cheese in its shape and it also keeps in the heat, so it stays runny longer.
Tips for entertaining at home:
Don’t leave anything to last minute. Always plan ahead! This will help you eliminate any stress situations that could possibly arise on the day of your party.
Add one or two make-ahead appetizers recipes to your menu. This way you can divide the work-load in 2 days so you don’t need to spend all day in the kitchen. (Have you tried making a Sandwich Cake? It’s a great appetizer that has to be made in advance plus it feeds a crowd plus it is also makes a great center piece!).
Make sure to find out if your guests are on special diets and try to cater for them as well (e.g many recipes are naturally gluten-free like Caprese Salad Bites so you can easily add them to your list. Pan Fried Chickpeas is an easy vegan-friendly snack that can be enjoyed by everyone).
More quick and easy appetizer recipe ideas:
Cranberry Olive Cheese Skewers are easy appetizers ready in minutes so if you are looking for more ideas, this one is a great choice. Or you can wow your guest with fancy-looking Pear Prosciutto Appetizers! They are so tasty and you only need a little amount of each ingredient to make them, which means you can easily feed a crowd with only a few slices of prosciutto ham.
- 1 cup Pears, diced, see note 1
- 1 tablespoon Dried Cranberries, see note 2
- 1/8 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup Pancetta Bacon, see note 3
- 1 Round Brie (4.5 ounce/125 grams), see notes 4 & 5
- In a sauce pan, combine diced pears, cranberries and sugar. Add ¼ cup water and simmer on low heat until the pears have softened and the syrup is slightly thicker.
- Fry bacon until it is crispy (or to your liking).
- Meanwhile, remove any plastic packaging from brie and put it back to its box (minus the lid). Place it in the air fryer and bake at 350° Fahrenheit (180° Celsius) for 6 minutes or until heated through.
- Two small pears should be plenty.
- You can use more dried cranberries, if you like. Dried cranberries can be substituted with fresh ones as well.
- Use any bacon you like. If your local store carries ready-cooked bacon pieces, feel free to use them instead.
- Find a brie that comes in a wooden box, like Camembert does! This will help the cheese hold its shape when cooking but you can easily take it out after. If you can’t find such brie, use a sheet of baking parchment under.
- A larger brie can be used but you might need to increase the air frying time. You can also cook 2 or 3 small ones in one go.
- Note that cooking pears takes about 10 minutes, frying bacon about 5 minutes and air frying the brie about 6 minutes. However, if you cook all of these at the same time, you should be finished within 10 minutes. You can also cook the compote ahead of time and reheat it, if you want.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 131Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 155mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 4g