Olive and feta shooters are super easy appetizers bursting with Mediterranean flavors. Ready in minutes, this quick party food is perfect for any occasion: whether you are looking for easy party foods, recipes for cold appetizers or just something to nibble on before dinner.
Why make these olive and feta shooters?
Easy recipe – what you see in the picture is pretty much what you get. These appetizer shooters are so easy to make that even kids can prepare them.
Tasty ingredients – you can omit one or two without losing great flavors!
Quick preparation – yes, they are quick. To assemble 12 of these olive and feta shooters you only need about 3 minutes, maybe even less! Add chopping the cheese and sun-dried tomatoes, seasoning and you might be done in 6 minutes so if you are looking for quick appetizers for party or family gathering or dinner party, these are a great option.
What tools do I need to make olive and feta shooters?
To make them:
- Chopping board
- Small bowl (soup bowl will do)
To serve them:
- Larger shot glasses made of glass or plastic appetizer cups
- Toothpicks or cocktail skewers
I found cute mini breadsticks in our local supermarket so I thought they would be a great addition to these savory shooters. If you can’t find similar ones, don’t worry about that. Either omit them or you can just put long breadsticks or crackers on your table and your guests can take some, if they want.
How to make olive and feta shooters?
First, cut the block of Feta cheese into bite-size cubes. It is always better to have smaller cubes and use more (if needed) rather than large ones. This way you will avoid having way too much cheese at one go which some of your guests might not enjoy.
Put the cheese into a small bowl and season with chili flakes black pepper and dried oregano. Pour olive oil over. Toss everything around to achieve an even distribution of the oil and seasoning.
Cut the sun-dried tomatoes into smaller pieces. You don’t need to use much which is great as you can make more of these feta and olive appetizers.
Then, all you have to do is assemble everything together. Olive, feta, olive, sun-dried tomato, breadstick and finish them off with an extra drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of pepper and you are done!
Tips for making feta and olive shooters
- If you don’t like green olives, feel free to use black or purple (kalamata) olives. Just make sure to buy pitted ones or if you buy the ones with stones, make sure to let your guests know before they bite into one.
- Sun-dried tomatoes can be omitted.
- I recommend using extra virgin olive oil for these quick appetizers. It’s cold-pressed so it’s better for you. Plus, you only have a few ingredients here so it’s good to use good quality ones.
- Dried chili flakes add a little spicy kick to these feta shooters but if you or your guest don’t like spicy, you can omit them.
- Black pepper – use either freshly cracked or ground pepper.
Looking for more easy appetizers?
Here are some easy to make and quick appetizer recipes:
- Garlic Cheddar Cheese Dip
- Sour Cream & Chive Dip
- Ham & Jalapeno Air Fryer Pinwheels
- Pretzel Pizza Bites
- Bacon Wrapped Dates
- 1 block feta cheese, see note 1
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, see note 2
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, see note 3
- Dried chili flakes to taste (optional), see note 4
- 24 green olives, pitted, see note 5
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes in oil, cut into small pieces (optional), see note 6
- Mini breadsticks (optional), see note 7
- Cut the cheese into bite-size cubes and transfer them into a small bowl. Add black pepper, dried oregano, about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and chili flakes. Toss several times or until the cheese cubes are coated in the seasoning and oil.
- To assemble the shooters: Add one olive in a long thin appetizer cup, followed by Feta, olive, a piece of sun-dried tomato and mini breadstick. Repeat until you have used up all the ingredients.
- Drizzle with remaining oil and serve!
- Feta – I bought a 7-ounce (200 grams) block of Feta. From this block, I used about 2/3 of it to make these appetizers.
- Oregano can be substituted with dried basil or Italian seasoning.
- Extra virgin olive oil - I don’t recommend using any other oil substitutes.
- If you are not sure about using chili flakes, feel free to omit them.
- Green olives can be substituted with black olives or purple olives. Use pitted olives or if you decide to use olives with stones, make sure to let your guests know beforehand.
- Use sun-dried tomatoes in oil!
- Mini breadsticks are a fun addition to these shooters, but they can be omitted as well.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 55Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 136mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g