This is an easy recipe for pan fried chickpeas. Seasoned with paprika, fresh parsley, lemon juice and garlic this nutritious snack can be enjoyed in so many ways!
Add pan fried chickpeas to salads, tacos, power bowls .… The possibilities are endless.
This recipe is also suitable for vegans and it is naturally gluten-free.
Can you pan fry chickpeas?
Yes, you absolutely can. I love it because it’s quicker (you don’t need to wait until your oven heats up).
Just make sure the chickpeas you want to pan-fry is cooked. I like using cooked canned/jarred chickpeas but if you prefer buying the dried version, then you can use that one. You will have to count with some extra prep time as you need to cook it first.
Are roasted chickpeas good for you?
Yes. Chickpeas is a nutritious legume that provides your body with fiber, protein and vitamins.
To make this pan fried chickpeas recipe you only use a little olive oil. If you can, use extra virgin olive oil which is cold-pressed, so it contains more nutrients.
Fresh parsley and lemon juice are added to pan roasted chickpeas for flavor but they also contain vitamin c and other nutrients good for our body.
How to make pan fried chickpeas
Get a large skillet/frying pan and pour in olive oil. Heat it up. When hot, add the chickpeas. Make sure they are drained properly. If they are not, the excess water will make it harder to roast.
Let the chickpeas fry for a few minutes before gently shaking the pan. Again let them sit and fry until they get nice brown-sh color and shake the pan again.
Once you are happy with the way they look, add the rest of the ingredients: salt, paprika and garlic.
I like to stir everything in well before I add the lemon juice and parsley. Then just cook for a minute or two. When done, you are ready to serve!
Wondering what other appetizers to serve with pan fried chickpeas?
I have some ideas for you:
- Smoked paprika can be used instead of sweet (ordinary) paprika.
- If you are not a vegan, try sprinkling some Parmesan cheese over while the chickpeas are still hot.
- Garlic powder is optional.
- 14 oz Cooked Chickpeas, drained (400 g)
- A Handful of Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- ½ Lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (See note 1)
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Garlic Powder (optional)
- In a skillet/frying pan, heat the oil. Add cooked and drained chickpeas and roast until it turns brown-ish.
- Season with salt, garlic powder, paprika, chopped parsley and drizzle with freshly squeezed lemon juice. Cook for a further minute or two before turning off the heat.
- Serve either warm or cold.
- Extra virgin olive oil can be substituted with cooking olive oil.
- You can use either smoked paprika or regular paprika.
- The cooking time may vary, depending on how toasted you like your chickpeas.
- 1000 Count 100% Natural Bamboo Toothpicks – Kitchen Essential
- Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil by Sky Organics 17oz - 100% Pure, Greek, Cold Pressed, Unfiltered, Non-GMO EVOO - Award Winning Best USDA Organic Olive Oil
Appetizer Addiction is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com
Serving Size:3 oz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162