Roasted garlic jalapeno dip is a simple yet delicious party appetizer. Combine cream cheese, jalapenos, roasted garlic and Greek yogurt and you’ll get this creamy dip!
Making roasted garlic jalapeno dip is very easy. You only need a few ingredients and a food processor to make it. Time-wise, count with 5 minutes. Maybe 10, if you are really slow and take time to style your dip.
However, the one thing that needs more time is roasting the garlic in the oven.
What to serve with roasted garlic jalapeno dip?
My favorite dippers are nachos, chips or crackers. You can also serve this with celery sticks or shop-bought or homemade breadsticks jalapeno breadsticks (these Mini Jalapeno Breadsticks are also a great option).
How to make jalapeno dip with roasted garlic
First, you need to roast the garlic heads. I usually roast them when making roasted vegetable foil packets. That way I have veggies ready as a side (for dinner) and garlic ready for the dip.
How long does it take to roast garlic?
It takes about 30 minutes. The whole process is simple. You need to cup about a third of the garlic top off, leaving the cloves exposed a bit. I also peel off some of the outer skin. Then place each garlic head onto a sheet of tin foil (aluminum foil). Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, pepper and sweet paprika. Wrap them in the foil and bake. Let the garlic cool off before peeling it. It should come out easily, with minimum effort.
Then, get your food processor ready. Measure all the ingredients and throw them into the processor. Process until well combined. Taste it and add more seasoning, if desired.
- Roast the garlic ahead (maybe a day or two before your party) to save some time. Just keep it whole in the fridge (wrapped in aluminum foil) until ready to use.
- I like serving this roasted garlic jalapeno dip in a muffin tray with some chips or crackers. Now it is completely up to you what you decide to serve this dip in and with.
- You can substitute Greek yogurt with Natural unsweetened yogurt. Sour cream will also work well here.
- The jalapenos I used were from a jar (Old El Paso brand). I have not tried using fresh jalapenos to make this dip.
- This dip is perfect for entertaining at home.
Guys, throwing a party might be a little overwhelming, especially when you are new to it. That is why tips for entertaining at home come always handy! They help us set our priorities right, outsource certain tasks (if needed) or just point us to the right direction.
My advice to anyone who is about to throw their first party is to get organized well ahead. When you know what is the theme of your party, then plan the menu. Always take into consideration your guests’ food restrictions/diets … and only then plan the rest of the things (decorations, entertainment, …).
- 2 Garlic Heads
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Sweet Paprika (optional)
- ½ cup Jalapenos, drained (60 g)
- ½ cup Cream Cheese (120 g)
- 3 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- Fresh Parsley (a few sprigs)
Roasting the garlic:
Cup about a third of the garlic top off, leaving the cloves exposed a bit. Peel off some of the outer skin. Place each garlic head onto a sheet of aluminum foil. Drizzle them with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper and sweet paprika (optional). Wrap them in the foil and bake at 360°F/180°C for 30 minutes or until soft. Let the garlic cool off before peeling it. It will come out easily, with minimum effort.
Making the dip:
In a food processor, combine the roasted garlic cloves with jalapenos, cream cheese, Greek yogurt and fresh parsley. Pulse until smooth.
Serve right away.
- Use fresh flat-leaf parsley. If you don’t have it or if you prefer cilantro, you can use it too.
- The amount of jalapenos can be adjusted to your liking.
Old El Paso Sliced Green Jalapenos - 215g (0.47lbs)
Hamilton Beach 12-Cup Stack and Snap Food Processor (70725A)
Appetizer Addiction is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 35
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: