This is an easy pear pomegranate salsa recipe with fresh mango, honey, cilantro and lemon juice. It’s one of those fruit salsa recipes you will make over and over again. Plus, it’s light and made from scratch!
This pear pomegranate salsa is not only delicious, but also healthy. The recipe is versatile, so you can substitute or omit some of the ingredients. I love the taste of mango in this pomegranate salsa with pears, but if you are not a mango fan, feel free to omit it.
How to make pomegranate salsa with pears?
Finely chop onion, mango, pears, cilantro and chili (if using).
Throw all these ingredients in a mixing bowl/serving bowl and give everything a good stir. Add honey, lemon juice, salt and pepper and mix again.
It’s important to taste it before serving. You might need to add more lemon juice or honey, etc. Don’t be afraid to adjust the quantities to your liking!
As a side – with steak, pork chops, fish (honey glazed air fryer salmon would go well with this pomegranate pear salsa).
As a salad – with anything you like (What about serving it with tacos of your choice or try some of my recipes like these curried beef tacos.
How long can this salsa last in the fridge?
I prefer this pomegranate pear salsa fresh, but you can store any leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 days (in a sealed container).
This pomegranate pear salsa is prepared with red onion because it is sweeter than other types. However, you can substitute it with white onion/yellow onion, if you like.
If you don’t like cilantro, omit it or use finely chopped flat-leaf parsley instead.
Chili – use any chili you like, just make sure not to over-do it. Little goes a long way.
Mango is recommended, but can be omitted, if necessary. Just note that if you do so, you will get less salsa so you might need to increase the quantities of pears and pomegranate.
What other appetizers can I serve with this pomegranate pear salsa?
Here are some easy and quick appetizer recipe ideas for you to try:
- Goat Cheese Log with Apricot and Chocolate
- Pear Prosciutto Appetizers
- Pear & Goat Cheese Crostini
- Caprese Salad Bites
- 1 ripe medium mango
- 1 small red onion
- 2 pears
- cilantro, to taste, see note 1
- 1 large pomegranate, seeds only
- honey, to taste
- 1 small lemon, juice only
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- mild fresh chili (optional), see note 2
- Finely chop the mango, onion, pears and cilantro. Deseed the pomegranate. Transfer all these ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add honey, freshly squeezed lemon juice, a pinch of salt and pepper and thinly sliced fresh chili (if using). Give everything a good mix. Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- If you don’t like cilantro, use parsley instead or omit it completely.
- Any color chili, any type but make sure not to add too much. Your guests may have a different level of heat tolerance!
- This recipe could feed more than 6. This depends on how much of salsa each person takes in one go and also if other appetizers are served alongside the salsa as well. I counted with 1/3 cup of salsa per person.
- Any leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 2 days (in a sealed container).
- You can make it several hours ahead and store it in the fridge until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 758mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 6gSugar: 25gProtein: 14g