This is an easy party recipe for potato leek soup shooters. They can be served warm or cold. Quick and simple recipe!
These potato leek soup shooters are great for parties for several reasons:
- They are easy to make – everyone can make them.
- Quick prep – when throwing a party, quick prep meal ideas are always welcome. These soup shooters are one of those.
- Make ahead – Feel free to prepare this soup in advance. Just store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
They are also vegan and healthy!
What to serve potato leek soup shooters with?
I made Mini Jalapeno Breadsticks to go with this soup but the options are endless. Add some croutons on top or maybe a slice of bacon, or a tiny piece of grilled cheese. A Drizzle of pumpkin oil is also a delicious add-on.
Now I serve this soup in shot glasses. There are many tiny plastic cups that can also be used (especially when serving this soup cold). When serving this soup warm, I recommend using heat-proof cups/glasses.
What spices to add to potato and leek soup?
You might be surprised but there are not many spices used to season this soup. Surprisingly, the three main ingredients are enough to flavor this soup. Only salt and black pepper are used at the very end.
The amount will depend on your taste. Also, different vegetable stock brands may contain different levels of salt. That is why I highly recommend tasting the soup after it has been pureed and only then add salt and pepper.
Can you freeze potato leek soup?
Yes. This soup contains vegetables and stock only so it is easy to freeze. However, I recommend making a fresh one when planning on serving it at your party to achieve the best taste.
How to make potato leek soup shooters
Step 1: Prepping
Step 2: Sauteeing + Cooking
Step 3: Pureeing + Seasoning
Rinse the leek and potato under running water, then cut. It doesn’t really matter how large/small the veggies are as they will be pureed later on. However, the smaller the pieces (in this case the potatoes) the quicker they cook.
Heat the oil in a small/medium pot. Add the chopped leek and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add potatoes, stock, and water. Cover with a lid and bring the pot to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer until the potatoes are done.
When the potatoes are cooked, puree the soup with an immersion blender or use a food processor/blender. Season to your liking!
This recipe for potato leek soup shooters is enough to fill 12-14 shot glasses. If you want to make more, simply double the recipe. You can do it even if you don’t plan on serving more. Just have the extra soup for lunch or dinner!
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Leek (5 ounces/150 grams)
- 1 Large Potato (1/2 pound/220 grams)
- 1 cup Vegetable Stock
- 1½ cup Water
- ½ tsp Salt
- A pinch of Black Pepper
- Rinse and slice the leek. Heat the oil in a small/medium pot and throw the leek in. Saute fo 2-3 minutes. Meanwhile rinse and dice the potato(the smaller the potatoes the quicker they cook). Add the potato to the pot altogether with vegetable stock and water.
- Cover with lid and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer covered until the potatoes are ready (about 10 minutes).
- Puree the soup with immersion blender (or a food processor/blender) until creamy. Taste it and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm or chilled.
- Extra virgin olive oil can be substituted with cooking olive oil/sunflower/vegetable oil or real butter. I recommend using either olive oil or butter for the best flavor.
- I used shot glasses that hold about 1 fluid ounce/35ml of liquid. This is enough to fill 14 shot glasses. You can also choose larger glasses to serve this soup in but in this case I recommend doubling the recipe.
- I used dry measuring cups to measure the liquids.
- Half and half can be also added to this soup to make it more creamy, if desired.
- If you feel the soup is too thick, add more water or stock.
- Make sure to season the soup at the very end as every stock contains a different salt level.
- This recipe can be easily doubled.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34