This simple whipped feta dip recipe is perfect for any last-minute entertaining at home. 5 ingredients and 2 minutes is all you need to make it. It can’t get any easier than this!
Plus, you can easily substitute ingredients or add more, if you like.
How to make Whipped Feta Dip?
- Feta cheese
- Sour cream
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
Tools needed for this recipe:
- Food processor
- Knife & garlic press – to peel & crush the garlic
- Serving bowl/deep plate
Quick overview (full recipe in the recipe card below)
Throw all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
If you find the dip thick, add more oil or sour cream!
- Fresh vegetables – celery, carrots, sweet peppers, radish,…
- Pita chips or tortilla chips
- Italian breadsticks (grissini) or the Spanish kind called Picos (they are pretty much similar, the only difference is in their size – the Spaniards make theirs very short)
If you are wondering what this cold Feta dip contains and if it is suitable for your diet, this may answer your question:
Dairy: Yes (Feta, sour cream)
Nuts: No (unless used for topping)
Refined sugar: No
Because of the high level of salt in Feta, it is not suitable for people on low-sodium diets.
Frequently asked questions:
What can I top this Feta cheese dip with?
There are many options and it depends on what you like. Here are a few ideas:
- Red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley, dill, chives
- Lemon zest
- Roasted cherry tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomatoes
Can I make this appetizer in advance?
Yes, you can.
But, it is important to remember that it will thicken in the fridge which means that you might need to take it out ahead of time and more likely run it through a food processor once more. For that reason, it is easier to just make it minutes before serving.
I don’t have sour cream. What else can I use?
Unsweetened plain Greek yogurt or natural yogurt will work as well!
Why not serve this quick dip alongside other easy appetizers like these:
- Artichoke Parmesan Dip – It only takes 5 minutes to make!
- Garlic Jalapeno Dip – This one is pretty addictive!
- Baked Olives – Easy peasy and so tasty!
- Stuffed Artichokes – Everyone loves these!
- 1 block Feta cheese (about 7 ounces/200 grams), see note 1
- ½ cup sour cream, see note 2
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- black pepper, a pinch
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients and process until smooth (see note 3).
- Transfer onto a serving plate and enjoy as is or top with anything you like (see note 4).
- Balkan cheese will also work. If you use 8 ounces, increase the quantity of sour cream to 2/3 cups.
- Sour cream can be substituted with unsweetened Greek yogurt or natural yogurt.
- If the dip turns out way too thick to your liking, add more sour cream and olive oil. The sour cream also reduces the saltiness of this Feta dip.
- Optional toppings: seeds, paprika, olives, olive oil, lemon zest, a drizzle of lemon juice, fresh herbs.
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 24Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g