These air fryer sticky chicken wings are the perfect appetizer for any party or family gathering. You only need 6 ingredients to make these air fryer chicken wings and 5 minutes of your time to prep them!
Making these chicken wings in the air fryer is easy. Just combine all the ingredients together and fry until ready. It’s a tasty air fryer recipe that requires a very minimal effort, which is always a plus!
How many wings can you cook in an air fryer?
This will depend on the size of your air fryer. I own a 5.8-quart/5.5-liter air fryer which is the larger one for 4-5 people. When making airfryer sticky chicken wings I usually buy about 18 ounces (520 grams) of them. The number can vary, but there are usually about 10-12 in one package which I usually cook in one batch.
While they are little cramped in the basket at the beginning of cooking, they will reduce in size which means there will be enough space for the air to move around and cook them evenly.
Air fryer chicken wings cooking time
Count with about 15–20 minutes. I recommend checking them after 15 minutes and if not sure or you want them more done, leave them in for a further 5 minutes or so.
Note: Each air fryer can have a slightly different cooking time. For this reason and for best results it is always good to check a few times the doneness of these air fryer sticky chicken wings (or any wings you decide to make) when making them for the first time.
What to serve with chicken wings?
The options are limitless, and it only depends on what you like. Here are some ideas for you:
I personally like eating these air fryer sticky chicken wings with fresh French baguette and sweet chili sauce.
More easy appetizer ideas:
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
- Breaded Chicken Wings
- Garlic Cheddar Cheese Dip
- Sweet & Spicy Sticky Chicken Wings
- 18 ounces chicken wings, drumettes and flats only (520 grams)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- A generous pinch of black pepper
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Oil in spray
- Season the wings with salt and pepper. Add soy sauce and oyster sauce and mix well until all the wings are coated in the mixture.
- Place them into a preheated air fryer (see note 4) and spray them with cooking oil. Cook them at 400°F (200°C) for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through. Half-way through the cooking process, turn each one of them over. There is no need to spray them again with oil.
- Best served warm!
- You will need at least a pound of fresh chicken wings, without the tips.
- The cooking time may vary. This will depend on the brand of your air fryer, on the size of chicken wings you use and, also on your preference (if you like them more done, leave them in longer).
- I preheat my air fryer for 2-3 minutes before cooking.
- If in doubt, I recommend reading the post above this recipe card. It contains useful tips and some answers to FAQ related to this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 480Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 1476mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 23g