This is a recipe for an easy garlic dip without mayonnaise. This garlic sauce is a versatile condiment and can be used for steak, roasted veggies, burgers or as a dipping sauce for artichokes!
The prep literally takes about a minute, maybe 2, if you are having hard time peeling garlic.
It can be made ahead and stored in the fridge for a few days (I recommend consuming it within 3 days), if stored properly in an air-tight container or sealed jar.
What is garlic dip made of?
Usually, garlic dip is made with crushed fresh garlic and oil, butter or mayonnaise (aioli). However, my recipe for garlic dip contains sour cream, ketchup and seasoning.
If you are skeptical about using ketchup to make this dip, don’t be. Give it a go and let me know what you think!
How to make garlic dip?
In a small bowl (a soup bowl will be perfect), combine crushed garlic, sour cream, ketchup, salt and pepper.
Make sure you mixed everything well.
Tip: Use Garlic Press, instead of just mincing it with a knife. The difference is noticeable! If you are not sure which one I mean, this: garlic press is similar one to the one I have.
Or, if you have a Garlic Crusher, that’s perfect too!
More quick dips for party:
Guys, this is our favorite dip because it only has a few ingredients that we usually have on hand, so we can whip it up in seconds.
If you do try this recipe, please let us know what you think in the comments section below!
Check out our video for how to make a Simple Garlic Dip:
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons Ketchup
- 1 Small Garlic Clove (see note 1), pressed
- A pinch of Salt, see note 3
- A pinch of Black Pepper, or to taste
- In a small bowl (soup bowl will do), combine all the ingredients until smooth. Give it a taste. Add more salt/pepper/ketchup/garlic, if you like.
- Serve with roasted artichokes/burgers/veggies/tacos …
- This sauce can be easily doubled/tripled .... Quantities of every ingredient can be adjusted to your liking.
- For best results use fresh garlic. 1 small clove is plenty for ½ cup of sour cream. If you want to add more, I recommend tasting it first and add only after, if needed.
- If you are on a low sodium diet, you can omit this completely.
- This sauce can be made ahead and stored in the fridge up to 3 day (make sure to store it in an air-tight container or sealed jar).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 33Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 90mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g