This 3-minute sour cream and chive dip is the best dip to make when you are stuck for time. It’s full of flavor and crowds love it.
No cooking required, just mix and serve!
By the way, this sour cream and chive dip recipe is also naturally gluten-free.
More appetizer ideas:
How to make sour cream and chive dip
Get a bowl and add all the ingredients in. Give it a good stir and you are done!
How to make this sour cream and chive dip lighter
I used 1:1 sour cream to mayonnaise ratio. Now you can use 2:1 so say for ½ cup sour cream you only use ¼ cup of mayonnaise. Plus you can use light mayo.
- Sour cream can be substituted with Greek yogurt or crème fraiche.
- Garlic – if you don’t like it, omit it.
- Chives should not be omitted or substituted with dried chives. It will not taste the same!
What goes with sour cream and chive dip?
This depends on what you (or your guests) like. The options are limitless:
- Baked Tortilla Chips
- Fresh veggies (carrots, celery, …)
- Roasted veggies (try Parmesan Asparagus Pastry Twists)
- Ritz crackers
- Potato wedges
- Pita bread
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- A pinch of Black Pepper
- 1 Clove Garlic, pressed
- ¼ cup finely chopped Fresh Chives
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Serve with anything you like.
- I used 1:1 sour cream to mayonnaise ratio. To make this dip slightly lighter you can use more sour cream than mayonnaise. Sour cream can be substituted with Greek yogurt.
- You can add more/less garlic, if you like. You can also omit it completely.
- Add as much chives as you like.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 tbsp
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 61